Reflections of what I have learned from this spiritual path we went down today as it relates to attending a 12-step support group.
• We all want to be heard and understood.
• There is power in listening to others
• There is power in listening to our spiritual heart
• We start the healing process when we listen, when we connect,
when we know they understand what we are going through
• We all want to honestly share without being judged
• We find people who have traveled a similar path
who can empathize with us
• We are given an opportunity to be heard
when we speak up in the group
• Because of others role-modeling honesty,
it gives us permission to get honest
• Because others share their feelings,
we learn it is ok to share our feelings
• We are accepted and welcomed just as we are
• We all have a need to belong
• We all have a need to feel wanted
• We all want to be loved
• We all want to be understood
Practice listening to others and
practice listening to yourself,
and to your inner voice of wisdom.
Who knew that listening could be so powerful.
Love you all,
Esther Mae 1-31-2022