Do I really want to travel alone? Insights given to me on the Camino?
- History of Traveling Alone throughout my life
- I traveled alone on the Camino, which I now realize, I did for most of my life
- In my childhood I grew up with 5 brothers and 3 sisters and I felt alone
- I never seemed to be able to develop a close relationship with any of them
- I know I had a part in that and I am still working on that
- A select few people came along side me to walk on my path for a season
- High school
- Spiritual Awakening, Recovery
- Cancer Treatment
- Awareness: people showed up to encourage me, just like the camino
- Awareness: people showed up to help me, just like the camino
- Awareness: people showed up to listen to my woes
- Awareness: people showed up to guide me back on my path, like the camino
- Awareness: There was & always will be a few that think their path should be your path
- Awareness: They all stayed for a while and then they ventured off on their own paths, just like the camino
If I view life as an adventure like the camino, I will practice appreciating those who show up in my path of life and experience and learn from the message or messages they may have for me. I am aware that many times I have a message for them also.
Messages can be delivered from a loving and nurturing angel or from a condescending and what I call a “mean angel”. Given the choice, I prefer the loving and nurturing angel, however, many times, the mean angel is the “verbal kick in the ass” that I need to snap out of the blinders of rebellion and denial.
I thought I traveled alone throughout my life. That is lie and I need to crush that idea.
After writing this short piece, I realize I was never alone. I connected to those who entered my path in life. Magic happened. I was changed by the connections. I choose to grow and learn from these special relationships. Looking back in hindsight, I realize how, even in the most traumatic and chaotic periods, I grew the most. The reason some of my relationships did not work out for the long term is because I chose to grow and they chose to regress and become bitter and resentful with my growth.
I will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. My past, my path & my choices gave me opportunities to grow and mature and develop my character and soul and allow my spirit to be set free.
I am grateful for all of you “earth angels” who entered my path in the past and on the camino. I am now willing to open my heart and spirit to those who will be entering my way (camino), my path in days to come.
Love you all, Esther Mae
One thought on “Thanks you…Camino Angels”
Esther so happy for you.
You have safely returned home. Thanks for the
Travel log..prayers were with you and continue.
Glad I was one of your
Friends in High school
We did have so much fun.
Great fun memories. 👍
Blessed our true circle of friends a circle that has not been broken 💯 🙏 with love and caring ❤ look forward to visit w you in Florida? God bless 🙌 🙏 ❤